Every business knows that at some stage, customer complaints are inevitable. Realising the value of complaints is what set good entrepreneurs apart from brilliant ones.
Phineas T. Barnum believed that “there is no such thing as bad publicity”. We believe that if a complaint is managed properly, the benefits become almost infinite.
The importance of customer complaints –
- It identifies areas that need improvement
- It improves communication with customers
- Senior management stays informed
- It recognises training needs
- It creates opportunities to implement a “culture of improvement” with staff and other role-players
- It can reveal new business opportunities and highlight areas where costs can be saved
- While investigating complaints, it provides valuable information on what competitors are doing differently
- It leads to a better understanding of customer needs and trends
- Professionally managed dispute resolution can lead to loyal relationships with customers
“It’s not how we fall. It’s how we get back up again.” – Patrick Ness